Wednesday, February 22, 2012

horses


Over Christmas break we went horse back riding. Allen has been waiting for this day for a long time. Like ever since I met him. He has fond memories of a horseback riding camp he went to as a kid, and has been itching to get back in the saddle ever since. We tried to go twice before we had kids but something always happened, like rain, so that we had to cancel. We talked about it many times as the kids came along, but it always seemed too hot, or the kids too young. We have even looked into going on a cattle drive as a family. Well, this wasn't a cattle drive. It was just a hour trip in the mountains. We all enjoyed it, but decided against booking the cattle drive just yet. Carter was the most skittish and I was a close second.

I kept sitting forward to help my back, which caused me to bruise my "butt-bones". I guess I talked about it a little too much because this ended up on the quote board.

1 comment:

joelb said...

looks "fun". i'm not a horse person -- the second time i ever rode it tried to buck me and i thought, well there's something i don't need in my life.

how did you decide who would get helmets?