Tuesday, October 20, 2009

straight A doughnuts


I finally remembered to take my kids to Krispy Kreme on report card day to get free doughnuts. When the lady asked if they wanted the doughnuts in one/two big boxes or separate boxes for each child, Jared answered quick and loud-separate boxes! A new side of him I must say. And on the way home they all marked their territory. Carter was thinking out loud about when he could eat his stash, saying "...one for snack and then one for dessert tonight, then snack tomorrow and dessert tomorrow...". When I reminded him that he could have one for breakfast, he put two hands in the air and yelled "breakfast!! I forgot breakfast!!" Doughnuts are one of those special foods that are socially acceptable to eat all through out the day. And that makes us all happy.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I love that they drew on their boxes. I hope I remember to get doughnuts this time around.

Troy said...

Hmmmm... Dooooonuts....

joelb said...

H. just had his first ever KK donut the other day. he took bites all around the edges and left a thin continuous inner ring.

(maybe he thought that was the crust)

joelb said...

btw, 3 boxes of straight A's?! don't you guys have any dumb kids?